LESSON 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
1. Abram is known as the father of the______________.
2. What happens while Abram is lying on the ground in a deep sleep?
a. An angel of the Lord appears to him in a dream
b. He is awaken by a sudden sound
c. A thick darkness descends upon him
d. He is given the rest that he needs
3. The deep sleep that comes over Abram is compared to what biblical figure?
4. How told Abram that his offspring will be oppressed for _____ years.
5. The river of Egypt refers to the___________.
a. Wadi of Egypt
b. Jordan River
c. Nile River
d. Euphrates River
Answers: 1.b, 2.c, 3. c, 4. d, 5. a
1. What were the new names that God gave to Abram and Sarai?
a. Abraham and Hagar
b. Abrahim and Sarah
c. Abraham and Sarah
d. Abel and Saran
2. How did Abraham respond to his wife's bearing a son?
a. He fell on his face and cried
b. He fainted
c. He jumped for joy
d. He fell on his face and laughed
3. How old was Abraham when Isaac was born?
4. Isaac means "God has brought __________ for me" (Gen. 21:6, NRSV).
5. What age was Isaac circumcised?
a. 8 days old
b. 8 years old
c. 2 months old
d. 1 year old
Answers: 1. c, 2. d, 3. b, 4. c, 5. a
1. Why did Sarah demand that Abraham send Hagar and Ishmael away?
a. Because Ishmael was stealing from Isaac
b. Because she was jealous of Hagar
c. Because Isaac did not like them
d. Because Ishmael was mocking Isaac
2. God assures Abraham that He will make a _______ out of Ishmael.
3. After being sent away, Hagar wandered about in which wilderness?
4. What did Ishmael become when he grew up?
a. A shepherd
b. A warrior
c. An archer
d. A prince
5. During a time of famine, Isaac looks to God for____________.
a. Wisdom and understanding
b. Guidance and protection
c. Love and understanding
d. Wisdom and guidance
Answers: 1. d, 2. a, 3. b, 4. c, 5. b
1. In Genesis 26:34-35, what decision of Esau's did Isaac and Rebekah regret?
a. He took Jacob's blessing
b. He married a woman from the Hittite tribe
c. He ran away from home
d. He befriended a Canaanite
2. What instructions did Rebekah give Jacob after discovering that Esau wanted to kill him?
a. To prepare for battle
b. To flee to Canaan
c. To flee to her brother's house
d. To flee to her uncle Leban's house
3. Who was Jacob warned not to marry?
a. A Hittite woman
b. A Moabite woman
c. A Canaanite woman
d. A Jebusite
4. In Jacob's vision, what object did he see that set up on the earth?
a. A rope
b. A ladder
c. A wheel
d. A dove
5. How did Jacob respond to the vision he had seen?
a. He worshiped God
b. He fainted
c. He fell to his knees and laughed
d. He cried
Answers: 1. b, 2. c, 3. c, 4. b, 5. a
1. Abraham's descendants are oppressed by the __________.
2. God remembers His covenant he made with _______, _______, and ______.
a. Abraham, Isaac, and Esau
b. Noah, Isaac, and Jacob
c. Abraham, Ishmael, and Jacob
d. Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob
3. What was God's reaction to the misery of the Israelites?
a. He was concerned about them
b. He pitied them
c. He wept
d. He fell to His knees and laughed
4. What was Moses' immediate response to God's call to deliver His people from Egypt?
a. He obeyed
b. He fled
c. He declined
d. He doubted
5. God promised to bring His people to a land flowing with ______ and _____.
a. Manna and honey
b. Wild locust and honey
c. Coffee and doughnuts
d. Milk and honey
Answers: 1. d, 2. d, 3. a, 4. d, 5. d
1. What was the final plague God brought upon the pharaoh and the Egyptians?
a. Plague of locust
b. Plague of darkness
c. Plague of frogs
d. Death of firstborn
2. What day of the month does the final plague take place?
3. In verse thirteen, God says that when He sees the blood on the doorpost He will_______.
a. Enter in and dine with them
b. Deliver them from the Egyptians
c. Fill them with the Holy Spirit
d. Pass over the home
4. The Passover relates to what New Testament event?
b. The Fall
c. The Lord's Supper
d. The Great Banquet
5. The blood of the lamb on the Israelites' doorposts is equivalent to the blood of ______ today.
Answers: 1. d, 2. c, 3. d, 4. c, 5. a
1. God led the Israelites around the land of the _________.
2. What body of water did the Israelites have to cross over to safety?
a. Red Sea
b. Jordan River
c. Nile River
d. Sea of Galilee
3. At the morning watch, how did the Lord look down upon the Egyptian army?
a. In a pillar of fire and a cloud
b. In a pillar of lightning and thunder
c. In a burning bush
d. In the twinkle of an eye
4. What instructions did God give Moses to aid the Israelites in their crossing the Red Sea?
a. Walk around
b. Stretch out his hand
c. Lead the people in prayer
d. Create a diversion
5. The Apostle Paul saw Israel's march through the Red Sea as a _________.
b. Passover celebration
c. Shortcut to the Promise Land
d. Birthday Celebration
Answers: 1. a, 2. a, 3. a, 4. b, 5. a
1. The final chapter of Exodus deals with ___________.
a. The Festival of the Booths
b. The Ten Commandments
c. The construction of the tabernacle
d. The Passover
2. What are the three major events in the book of Exodus?
a. The Feast of Tabernacles, the Passover, the Exodus from Egypt
b. The Passover, the ten plagues, the resurrection
c. The receiving of the Holy Spirit, the Fall, the Exodus from Egypt
d. The Exodus, the giving of the Law, the construction of the tabernacle
3. On which day of the month is the tabernacle set up?
4. Where does Moses place the furniture?
a. In the Red Sea
b. In the tabernacle
c. In the Nile river
d. In the Upper Room
5. What happens after Moses does everything God commanded him to do?
a. God rests
b. God speaks to Moses in a burning bush
c. God's glory fills the tabernacle
d. God gives them the Ten Commandments
Answers: 1. c, 2. d, 3. a, 4. b, 5. c
1. What angel is sent by God to announce the birth of Jesus?
2. Which angel of the Lord is referred to as the messenger?
3. Mary is a virgin betrothed to _______.
a. Simon Peter
4. Jesus means ________.
a. The Lord will provide.
b. The Lord will save.
c. The Lord will heal.
d. The Lord will bless.
5. Elizabeth and Zechariah lived in the hill country of _______.
Answers: 1. c, 2. c, 3. c, 4. b, 5. a
1. Mary sings a song to God called __________.
a. "Magnificent Lord" b. the Magnificat c. "Magnify the World" d. the Benedictus
2. Mary said her spirit ________ in the Lord.
a. rejoiced b. died c. suffered d. shimmered
3. Mary is __________ that God called her into service.
a. scared b. unsure c. thankful d. boastful
4. Mary knows that God is the ________ One of Israel.
a. forgotten b. frightful c. marred d. Mighty
5. Through Mary, God shows ______ to Israel.
a. favor b. fear c. anger d. His face
Answers: 1. b; 2. a; 3. c; 4. d; 5. a
1. God showed favor to _________ and his wife Elizabeth.
a. Zacchaeus b. Zechariah c. Zorro d. Zephaniah
2. Elizabeth gave birth to a ________.
a. set of twins b. daughter c. son d. Savior
3. Elizabeth named her son _________.
a. Jonas b. Jonah c. Job d. John
4. Zechariah prophesied concerning the _________.
a. Messiah b. darkness c. end times d. universe
5. Zechariah said the coming Messiah would have _________ and power to save humanity from sin.
a. laziness b. strength c. money d. fire
Answers: 1. b; 2. c; 3. d; 4. a; 5. b
1. The Gospel of Luke's telling of the birth of Jesus emphasizes the role of God in _______ events.
a. world b. ancient c. human d. fantastical
2. The ruler of Rome, __________, decreed a tax on the world.
a. Matthias b. Augustus c. Caligula d. Antony
3. Jesus was born in the town of ___________.
a. Nazareth b. Bethphage c. Bethlehem d. Galilee
4. The first to hear about Jesus' birth are ___________.
a. sheep b. traders c. fishermen d. shepherds
5. The shepherds find Jesus lying in a ________.
a. manger b. crib c. trough d. hole
Answers: 1. c; 2. b; 3. c; 4. d; 5. a
1. Mary and Joseph met _________ in the temple.
a. Shalom b. Simeon c. Sarai d. Stephen
2. Mary and Joseph took Jesus to the temple to _________ Him.
a. leave b. teach c. dedicate d. scold
3. Simeon went to the temple to ______.
a. pray b. cry c. seek shelter d. eat
4. The ____________ moved Simeon to prophesy.
a. high priest b. crowd c. Mary d. Holy Spirit
5. A prophetess named __________ was overjoyed to meet Jesus.
a. Eliza b. Anna c. Hannah c. Ariadne
Answers: 1. b; 2. c; 3. a; 4. d; 5. b